posted on July 15, 2020 09:20
MEETING OF THE BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSIONERS ST. LOUIS COUNTY
The St. Louis County Board of Police Commissioners met on June 10, 2020, at 11:00 AM. In attendance were Commissioners Price, Schwerin, Gaertner, Hassler, Punch and Chief Barton.
- Open Discussions
- Chief Barton provided the Board with an update to the Department's response to civil unrest in the City of Ferguson.
- Chief Barton stated she was in receipt of a letter from Dr. Page requesting an audit of the Department. Chief further stated the process for the Department's audit had already been started.
- Commissioner Punch asked Chief Barton about the utilization of tear gas and the possibility of its use furthering the spread of Covid -19. Chief Barton advised she would speak to the Health Department about the effects.
- Commissioner Punch expressed that she believes racism, both inside and outside of the police department, is driving the hurt in the community and the protests and riots being seen nationwide. Commissioner Punch would like answers on what the Department is doing to help end the racial divide.
- Chairman Price requested timelines be put in place immediately for the Diversity and Inclusion audit contract. He further requested the Department look into options for citizens to be able to get comments and suggestions to the Board.
- Minutes of the May 19, 2020 and June 3, 2020 meetings were unanimously approved as submitted.
- Letters and Communication - None
- Old Business - None
- New Business
- Contracts - A proposal was made to approve the following contracts with St. Louis County:
Police Service Agreement - Town of Grantwood Village
Approval of a renewal contract for full police services between the Town of Grantwood Village and St. Louis County. Term of the agreement is June 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 at an annual charge of $138,163 .67.
Police Service Agreement - City of Bel-Nor
Approval of a renewal contract for Communications and CARE services between the City of Bel-Nor and St. Louis County. Original term of the five year agreement is June 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020 at an annual charge of $5,348.00.
There was a recommendation made to approve the above contracts by Commissioner Hassler, seconded by Commissioner Gaertner and unanimously approved by the Board.
- General Orders
There was a proposal to approve the below listed General Orders:
G.O. 20-020, Chief's Committee
G.O. 20-104, Traffic Law Enforcement
There was a recommendation made to approve the above listed General Orders by Commissioner Schwerin, seconded by Commissioner Gaertner. Commissioner Punch opposed the approval of the General Orders. The orders were passed with a majority vote.
- Public Forum
There were no comments made during the public forum.
Motion was made by Commissioner Punch and seconded by Commissioner Hassler to close the meeting. Motion was unanimously approved. There were no votes taken in the closed session.
unanimously approved to adjourn the meeting.